The 10 Best Italian Restaurants in Dubai
Find out the finest ristorantes and trattorias in Dubai to give your taste buds the best taste of Italy.
Dubai has in itself more than 100 Italian eateries. It is no surprise, then, that Italian cuisine has been voted as Dubai’s most favourite cuisine. Here is a guide to make you choose the best from the best. Scan through this list of top 8 Italian restaurants in Dubai and satiate your appetite for sumptuous pizzas, pastas, and more Italian authentic dishes:
1. Armani Ristorante: Distinct and class-apart style is what defines this Armani Hotel’s signature restaurant. You will definitely spend first ten minutes of your visit appreciating the cutlery and décor. Wait for the cuisine and you will find it equally stylish. Lemon and thyme risotto with seared langoustine can be termed as an edible work of art. It’s garnishing with caviar and a bright beetroot puree seems as if decorated with a painter’s eye. Moving on to the dessert section and here, comes another surprise – La Sfera – a culinary Faberge egg with a perfect golden sphere with dazzling vanilla cream. Don’t forget to click photos and upload them on Facebook of such culinary beauties.
Details: 7pm-11.30pm daily, 04 888 3444, Armani Hotel Dubai, www.armanihotels.com
2. Jamie Oliver: Simple yet unique – this is the first observation you will make of Jamie Oliver’s cooking. Imagine this – restaurant’s bruschetta is a simple combination of bread, tomatoes, cheese, basil, and garlic. But, its uniqueness lies in the fact that its ricotta is whipped into an impossibly creamy texture and cherry tomatoes are light and sweet with perfectly toasted bread, seasoned with the perfect burst of garlic. And, so are all the dishes here, like a prawn linguini which is very generous with the seafood. You will enjoy the ambience and service so much that you will love to spend more time here.
Details: 12noon-11pm Sat-Wed, 12noon-12midnight Thu and Fri, 04 232 9969, Dubai Festival City Mall, www.jamieoliver.com
3. Roberto’s: Some restaurants are perfect for family outings, some for dating, and others for business meetings. But, it seems, Roberto’s is for everyone. It has lively environment and mouth-watering dishes. You will find a lot of seafood here along with the incredible homemade pasta. Best thing is if you are avoiding wheat, this is the only place which will offer you gluten-free gnocchi. Its speciality, however, is its dedicated cheese sommelier which will definitely spoil you as it is carefully chosen and imported from France, Spain, and Italy.
Details: 12noon-3pm, 8pm-12midnight daily, 04 386 0066,DIFC Dubai, www.robertos.ae
4. Bice: Let’s get back to culinary art of past. You will find waiters with white towels laid over their arms, oversized pepper mills, and light sax grooves in the ambience. It’s like getting transported to another time and era altogether and it’s a refreshingbreak, indeed. To top it all, there’s amazing food. Tagliolini with light chilli, garlic oil, asparagus, and tiger prawns is rich and satisfying. Another dish, octopus carpaccio, is impossibly thin and is topped with a non-leaning tower of delicate potatoes, olives, and tomato tartare.
Details: 12.30pm-3.30pm and 7pm-11.30pm daily,04 399 1111, Hilton Jumeirah Beach Resort, www.bicegroup.com
5. Splendido: Gracious service, comfortable environment, and attention to detail grace Splendido, an eatery that quietly operates out of the JBR Ritz-Carlton for 15 years. Here, chef is committed to his kitchen, making everything from the bread to ice cream. Menu comprises of classics like minestrone soup speckled with pesto to newer inventive dishes like veal tenderloin which is cooked to perfection and adorned with mushrooms, rucola cream, and potatoes.
Details: 12.30pm-3.30pm, 7pm-11.30pm daily, 04 399 4000, The Ritz-Carlton Dubai, www.ritzcarlton.com
6. Cavalli Club: Cavalli Club is the most exclusive and happening nightclub. This means beautiful people always grace this place, no matter what’s on the menu. But, menu is always great, making it one of the city’s best Italian restaurants. Style and substance meet here in all the dishes, especially zebra-print ricotta and spinach tortellini which is served with vanilla and lemon fondue sauce, which is mouth-watering and also matches the ambience. Cavalli is the perfect place when you wish to gorge on to the best dinner, relax in a lounge, and then, dance your night away.
Details: 8pm-3am daily, 04 332 9260, The Fairmont Dubai, www.cavalliclubdubai.com
7. L’Olivo: You won’t repent a long drive to the very tip of the Palm’s eastern crescent to visit L’Olivo. It has retro-hip environment in a quiet part of this town, with a fine-dining area and a stylish lounge. Food, here, is classic Italian fine-dining which you will completely love. What’s more – you can stay back to enjoy Dubai’s true rarities – a live band offering inventive lounge-style interpretations of great songs from beyond the Top 40.
Details: 7pm-11.30pm daily, , 04 457 5454, Rixos The Palm Dubai, www.rixos.com
8. Náis Italian Kitchen: This real Italian-run restaurant will truly be a treat if you wish to taste Italian’s hidden secrets. There is much more to Italian cuisine than Bolognese and breadsticks and you will find everything beyond these here. It is situated in Jumeirah Lakes Towers and offers authentic Northern Italian cuisine. Its specialities include farinata, a chickpea flour-based pancake topped with locally-made stracchino cheese.
Details: 9am-10pm, Sun-Thu, 12noon-10pm, Fri-Sat, 04 452 9991, HDS Tower, Cluster F, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai, www.naiskitchen.com
9. Carnevale: A classic Italian dining experience awaits at this cozy eatery, with its carnivalesque atmosphere. Decorated with ornate theatre masks, classic worn-red walls, and intimate tables, this jewel of Jumeirah Beach is a favorite with couples seeking a romantic dinner. Specialties include gnocchi with fresh tomato and basil, risotto with sole, and spinach ravioli. Opt to dine al fresco, on Carnevale’s garden patio, which offers sweeping views of the Jumeirah Beach Hotel’s verdant gardens. (4-348-0000)
10. Biella Caffé Pizzeria: is a favorite with shoppers, who enjoy taking late-afternoon respites here in a relaxed yet upscale setting. The plain wood tables are arranged so that each offers a view of large picture windows — the perfect backdrop for an intimate conversation over a latte macchiato, frozen strawberry or apricot cocktail, or tiramisu. Those looking for heartier fare should opt to dine in the more formal main dining area, where the professional staff caters to your every need and the kitchen produces delicious dishes such as four cheese pizza, spinach and ricotta ravioli, and salmon with black olives and a potato tart. (4-324-4666)